Thursday, March 12, 2015

Elephants in the room and cards on the table.

picture of front yard in snow of new maybe house.

With the daylight savings I actually get home from work when its still light which is just so nice. I was actually able to get to the chicken coop without wading through thigh high drifts of snow to feed them and give them water and to chat with the ladies a bit and I was EVEN able to make it to the side of the coop where the hatch to get the eggs is and guess what there were eggs oh happy day! After taking care of the chickens and spending a little quality time with them I hung out with Booker and Lulu outside for a bit so I could soak up some much needed vitamin D. Now the only drawback to all this light and melting snow was the VAST amount of dog poop it has uncovered. Honestly I was even a little taken aback. I mean wow that's a lot of dog poop. Booker even looked a little proud. Now all I need is a nice strong rain to wash all the poop away.....rain rain wash the poop away....I guess I could pick it up but nah the rain will take care of it eventually.

In other news we might have found a house that we like. Now we just have to sell ours. To get me off my ass and get started getting the house in order I finally did something I should have done months ago told our realtor Tim to come over to take a look. Now we have no choice but to get it in order. Wish me luck I guess that's what I will be doing this weekend cleaning man I hate cleaning. I always think cleaning is something that you have to do once and then it just stays clean. One can wish right? Maybe if a genie ever popped out of a bottle that would be one of my wishes. The house we like has over 12 acres many of them wooded but there is a field that is being farmed now that I could use if I decided to keep farming. So I am glad that option would be open to me also plenty of room for horses. I will have a horse one day.

Having Tim come out to take a look at our house too will finally make me acknowledge the other elephant in the room which I have had my head in the sand trying to avoid...just how much is my house worth? Because its so old and needs work I can only come up with a huge range of what we might get for it. And I have been too scared to actually ask the question what do you think we can get. I have actually gone out of my way to avoid the near mention of the topic and trust me I can change topics in a conversation faster than well I don't know what but take my word for it its fast. So now the cards are being put on the table and we will see where we stand. I will probably feel relieved I always do better when I now what a situation entails even if its bad the unknown is not a good place for me.

We have one more situation to face too (its been a hard winter) the other elephant in the room is my husbands health. Tommy has had a few small strokes in the past but something has happen in the past few months and something is wrong. It has taken me a long time to get him out of denial and face that he needs his noggin checked out and finally we go see the brain doc in two weeks. I am very much a paint a sunny picture keep smiling no matter what keep cracking jokes kind of person but its time I face up to all these unknowns and deal. Funny I didn't notice how tight I was strung until I was replying to an email Tim wrote yesterday about the house thats for sale and when I started to explain the situation of the house and of Tommy I started to cry and I realized I was treating my poor realtor like a therapist. Poor Tim wonder if he knew what a nightmare he was signing up for.



No comments:

Post a Comment