Saturday, February 27, 2016

Just when you think things cant get stranger.....

So last night Tommy and I had the usual argument about whether to go out or not. He of course wanted to go out to the local for prime rib night I wanted to stay in and make a new stir fry recipe I dreamed up. I won the argument but don't worry I wasn't being mean I was just being sane we had just gone to dinner there the night before. As I was prepping dinner he asked me if I had stopped for soda and I said no I didn't I was trying to beat my time record for getting home from work and I forgot. New world record by the way 45 minutes. He started to go on and on about how he has been looking forward to soda all day long and how it was basically that hope that was keeping him alive. I am being facetious but he was being way dramatic which tends to happen a lot with his brain problems. Its like he gets stuck on something like prime rib and he will ask me 500 times in a row if we can go get prime rib. White wine and xanax keep me somewhat sane.

But back to this silly story I finally lost patience with him and said Jesus the store is a block down the road go get some freaking soda. So he grabbed the keys and left now hes not really supposed to drive I figure if you cant walk reliably without falling down for whatever reason you probably shouldn't be driving. But I threw caution to wind and hoped he could only get into so much trouble going a block down the street. He came back a few minutes later with much more that soda of course. He cant stand just buying one thing ever. But it was Friday and a chocolate cake didn't sound like too bad of an idea. So all was well shrimp and Brussels sprout stir fry was had for dinner and all was well.

Fast forward to earlier today I gathered up some bags of garbage and a small sampling for the gazillion corrugated boxes I have and headed out the door to go to the dump. I walk outside and there is the freaking car parked not in the driveway but in the freaking FRONT YARD. No wonder the neighbors were looking at me strangely! OMG in the front yard yes the front freaking yard. I guess in his mind that now works somewhat strangely he figured he would park as close to the front door as he could. Now most people this wouldn't occur to but for him I guess it made perfect freaking sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment