Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love in a small town well more like love with a small town.



My new town and me its official for valentines day we are in love. Yes love even me who fears commitment on so many scales which has its own irony since i have been married for 13 years or so. My new town and I have it bad I mean bad. I wax so poetic sometimes I can bring tears to my own eyes. For example Tommy and I went down to our local on Friday night for prime rib night and I was telling him how I went to the local grocery store to buy fun food to make during this most recent visit of the polar vortex and I was saying how much I love having a small not bigger than twelve acres small old school somewhat weird grocery store to shop at and as I was talking I started to choke up and tears came to my eyes. So yeah me and the new town its big time. Full of emotion a sense of belonging to I don't even know what. A place I guess where people know your name well not my name yet because I am an elusive creature not one to give up my secrets but I watch and I listen to everyone else calling each other by name and it makes me smile and feel like well maybe maybe one day I will want them to know my name. I think I will feel safe enough soon to start opening myself up to the new.

Started off the day with coffee and cleaning as my parents were due at noon to take us to the local pub for lunch. Ran down to the dollar store to get the ever needed cat litter and listened to the small town talk of this or that of things good and things bad. Treated myself to a trip to the bookstore which is such a luxury to have in such a small town. And its a great bookstore I swear the owner does her buying with me in mind or maybe we were just separated at birth? I mean what bookstore that small as a new offering about the middle ages every time I go? what are the freaking chances? Today I picked up a history of the Plantagenet's which i actually descend from and I cant wait to curl up for the long haul an read.

We had a great lunch with mom and dad and the giant wood stove was doing its job keeping us all nice and toasty warm. Came home and let the pups out for a bit in the sun and brought out some fresh hot water for the chickens that hopefully wont freeze immediately. Only two days in a row of frigid temps not like last year where I think it was six weeks or so we never got over above freezing. So two days to hunker down in the new house happy as a pig in shit is not so bad. Later out to dinner for valentines day to cap off this very nice albeit very chilly day. Not a bad day to be alive. Life is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment