Friday, September 6, 2013

Introducing some of the animals of 3 Dogs Barking Farms and yes we actually only have two dogs

This is Fat Albert and no he isn't fat in fact he is quite trim. I love this cat. He likes to help me in the garden my laying on anything I am trying to work on. He loves to run and purr up against me and demand attention and sometimes he even brings me a present in the form of a rodent and no they aren't usually dead. Hes a good cat and a great hunter.

This is Clive the Rooster I had originally wanted to name him Nigel but forgot and for some reason started calling him Clive instead. Not sure what Clive's story is. One day a few weeks back I came home from work on a Friday night to more chickens then I had left with having that morning. Not sure if someone rooster bombed me but its okay although I never planned on having a rooster I have become quite enamored of this guy. He had string wrapped around his feet and they are slightly deformed so I am thinking that Clive's present situation with us is much better than where ever he was before. We are happy to welcome him to our family. Not sure what Clive makes of me but he seems fascinated sometimes I will be out weeding and I turn around and here is is watching me or if I am doing something he doesn't understand he will walk up to me look try and figure it out and then disappear only minutes later to bring the hens over so they all can confer on what the crazy human is doing. To be fair I must have looked a bit strange at the time because I was washing green beans for market in my pool float. So there intrigue is completely understandable.
this is Clive starting at me while I was reading my book and drinking a glass of wine.
This is my angel Lulu she is my heart and joy. She is a champion frog hunter and well as a champion napper. Lulu likes to take naps and she likes her treats too. She would do anything for one of her cookies I often wonder if there is a 12 step program for dogs. I am lulu and I am addicted to treats. But I love her like mad.
This is our new pup Booker Tickle Washington. He is part dachshund and part lab mix but he is pretty much pure dachshund and quite a handful. And he is lucky he is so damn cute. We are still trying to get him trained and not be such a crazy maniac and we are making small steps. I love his front legs he has ankles that he will use to hold on to you and his front feet are larger than back feet. And yes he does like to dig holes there is one in the side yard that I hoping to glimpse China any moment now.
This is Ziggy and one of the most mellow cats around. He is one cool cat for damn sure. Tonight I was weeding and he came up behind me and climbed up my back on sat on my shoulder so he could head butt me. He like Fat Albert likes to help me in the field while I am working. He is not always helpful but its always nice to take a break and have a cuddle with a cat.

These are a few of the hens Zelda and Lily. The are tough women and dont take any shit from anybody. Clive is still growing back some of his tale feathers from when he first came and tried to assimilate.

This is not the full crew but a nice representation. They make living and working here a real joy.

1 comment: